i am trying to deploy java app on wildfly app server in a docker container. can i check if the following approach to dockerize the java application is correct?
- Compile java application into .war file. Do this outside of Docker as it is an app that will run in the container
- Create an image starting FROM openJDK (see sample at https://hub.docker.com/_/openjdk/)
- Create an image of Wildfly (e.g. Wildfly11)
- Create an image of MSSQL 2016
- In Dockerfile, include Wildfly, openJDK and MSSQL 2016 images
- In Dockerfile, copy .war file from step 1
- In Dockerfile, startup wildfly to deploy .war file
Any kind help is greatly appreciated.