Does docker support communication between another docker from different PC using internal network IP

I’ve been utilizing Docker for ROS1. I want both dockers to communicate using internal network IP. However, I have no idea about whether docker supports communication with another docker from a different PC. I set both networks as host to use the local PC IP respectively. Sadly, it didn’t work well. Let me know if it is a possible approach. If it is possible, please give me a hint to configure the environment. Thank you in advance.

Quote:

The overlay network driver creates a distributed network among multiple Docker daemon hosts. This network sits on top of (overlays) the host-specific networks, allowing containers connected to it (including swarm service containers) to communicate securely when encryption is enabled.

What happened? In case of host network just two hosts communicates with eachother. My guess is that you had multiple services listening on the same port.

1 Like

Hello, Thank you for answering it kindly.
As you said, it is working very well.

These steps I did:

1. Firstly, no need to turn off the firewall of internal network because both hosts utilize the same network.
  2. Made a swarm and then configure service with the network as overlay.
  3. utilize the inner IP for docker

Appreciate it, sincerely.