I’m completing a training exercise to install and configure a swarm.
I have 4 VM’s, Ubuntu 14.04. The first (Node A) is successfully configured for Docker Data Center (trial).
Node A: Server version 1.12.6-cs8, Swarm - Active, Is Mgr = true, 1 mgr, 1 node
On to my second VM (Node B) to be configure as a DTR.
- I installed CS Engine from the following package. docker-engine_1.12.6-0-ubuntu-trusty_amd64.deb
- Hello-World…everything is happy.
- Try to join the swarm,docker swarm join --token <bla, bla, bla> 172.17.0.1:2377 (fails)
- ifconfig, docker0 on node B is also 172.17.0.1
I understand Docker utilizes the 172.17.0.0/16,
- my question is how do you install subsequent CS Engines and prevent docker0 assignment of the first IP in the range.
- now that it has, is there a way to simply manually change Node B to 18.104.22.168