I want to set up an MQTT broker on my QNAP NAS (TS-230) so I’ve installed the ContainerStation and created an eclipse-mosquitto container. However, it starts in local mode only so I need to modify the config file. It says its loaded from /mosquitto/config/mosquitto.conf but I can’t find where this is located anywhere on the NAS. Has anyone done this kind of setup before?
I’ve made some progress. When eclipse-mosquitto is running there is a terminal option and running a shell allows the config file to be accessed and modified. I now have eclipse-mosquitto up and running with anonymous access but can’t find out how to access it. I’m using port 1883 but this is not open on the NAS. Running a docker inspect command shows no network information.
Finally figured it out. Just in case anyone else is struggling with this, here’s what I did:
- Install ContainerStation and open it
- Click Create and search for eclipse-mosquitto
- Leave everything at default except the command. Change the -c option to -c mosquito-no-auth.conf
- In Overview click on the eclipse-mosquitto-1 container
- Click Settings
- Click Advanced Settings
- Click Network and change Network Mode from NAT to Host
- Click Apply - mosquitto should restart and you’re good to go.