Error response from daemon: ... connection refused

Hi, I’m quite new to Docker and, to get familiar with it, I have explored a few tutorial simple projects.
Unfortunately now Docker doesn’t work anymore and I find constantly the following error, even with the ‘docker pull hello-world’ command:

Error response from daemon: Get “https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/”: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:53861->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

In order to recover Docker, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to remove all containers, images and volumes and reinstalling Docker.

O.S.: Manjaro Linux

Any idea to recover a correct operation of Docker?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @atir0406, can you solve this issue? I am also having this issue.

This error message usually occurs when the Docker daemon is unable to reach the Docker registry (registry-1.docker.io) over the network. Some possible causes of this error are:

1. Network connectivity issues: Make sure your system is connected to the internet and try pinging registry-1.docker.io to see if you can reach it.
  2. Incorrect DNS configuration: Check your system’s DNS configuration to make sure it is correct. You can test your DNS resolution by running the following command:
nslookup registry-1.docker.io
  1. Firewall blocking the connection: Make sure your firewall is not blocking the connection to the Docker registry. You can temporarily disable the firewall to see if it resolves the issue.
  2. Outdated version of Docker: Update your version of Docker to the latest version. You can do this by following the instructions for your distribution on the Docker website.
  3. Corrupted Docker installation: If you are still encountering the error after trying the above steps, you may have a corrupted Docker installation. In this case, you can try completely removing Docker and then reinstalling it.

Looks like /etc/resolv.conf of your host post points to a dns-server (or stub-listener) on ipv6 localhost, which seem either not existing or is blocked by a firewall.

Was this solved? I’m also facing this issue.
Thanks!