Error response from daemon:{"message":"missing signature key"} server 2016

I hope someone can help me, I installed docker and docker-compose on Windows Server 2016 and when I try to run an application like immich, redys and nginx it gives me this error:

Error response from daemon:{“message”:“missing signature key”}

I have already activated the hyper-v, the containers and I have activated the .net framework both 3.5 and 4.6 and with everything and that still gives me this error.

Could you help me solve this problem, thank you very much?

How did you do that? Did you install Docker CE or Docker Desktop (Not supported on server)?

install docker ce, as I said, install docker-compose and docker not desktop because it told me that it has to be windows 10 64 bit

I had to ask about the Desktop, because many users write “Docker” when they use “Docker Desktop”.

So how did you install Docker? Following which documentation? Which version of Docker CE did you install? Do you have the environment variable DOCKER_CONTENT_TRUST enabled?

I installed it from here

https://prefapp.github.io/windows_server_2016_docker

When I give docker --version and dockcer-compose --version here you can see that they are installed

PS C:\Users\Administrator> docker --version
Docker version 26.1.0, build 9714adc

PS C:\Users\Administrator> docker-compose --version
Docker Compose version v2.17.2

Pleae note the blog post you follow is outdated and using a PowerShell module that has been deprecated. Please follow the instructions from the updated Microsoft source to install Docker CE/Moby on Windows Server: Prepare Windows operating system containers | Microsoft Learn

1 Like

Thank you, let me try it, you don’t know how difficult it has been to try to run my application on Windows Server, thanks again, I will be telling you

Just curious if this did the trick?

I still haven’t been able to, now I have another problem. In file ‘.\docker-compose.yml’, service ‘name’ must be a mapping not a string and I already tried to make the adjustments in the docker-compose document to see the spaces and that but nothing I even grabbed the code and checked it online to see if the yaml code and it tells me that it is fine, and if I try to do a pull poe example of nginx it still gives me this problem: Error response from daemon: missing signature key
Thanks but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong or what I need

Can someone tell me what is this error?

A quick search on this suggests either there’s something wrong with the configuration of Docker or that the Docker version installed might be outdated. Similar to what was asked before in this thread: How did you install Docker on Windows Server and what version do you have running?
Also, it’s worth pointing out that (I believe) Node is Linux only, so it won’t work natively on Windows Server.

Yeah I had some two or three setup files of Docker Desktop in my downloads folder and I installed one of them. I remember installing the earlier version, here is the About of it in the image.
It also asked me to upgrade to newer version when I installed it but I don’t rememeber I did that or not.

This is an old version. Also, are you running on Windows Server (as the author of this issue)? If so, you should go here to install Docker CE/Moby for Windows Server: Prepare Windows operating system containers | Microsoft Learn

Thanks but that did not work for me then I installed latest version which is 4.31.1 but after installing it successfully and at the time of running it, it show some error like could not auto update wsl with --update or like that… when I run wsl --update on terminal it also gives some error there. Then I went to older release page and downloaded
4.24.0 (122432) installed it and it is now working. A little problem I am still facing is it does not sign me in to docker hub. When I click on sign in it opens a web browser tab and shows ok and proceed but when I return to docker desktop window, it quickly shows a little dialog at lower right corner of it displaying the message that you have been signed out. idk but its ok I just can’t push my images to my docker hub account but everything else seems alright! thanks

Thank you very much friend for your time and help, I have managed to solve it in the following way, I updated the Windows Server to 2022 and also updated the Docker and it worked great, thank you

1 Like

Thank you, I took your advice on how it worked for you and updated Windows and Docker. Thank you very much.