Error response from daemon: Windows does not support privileged mode

I have installed the Docker Tool on my Windows 10 Pro machine.

Have pulled below images from Docker Hub:

docker pull elgalu/selenium

docker pull dosel/zalenium

When I am trying to start zalenium with the below command:

"docker run --rm -ti --name zalenium -p 4444:4444 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /c/Users/<username>:/home/seluser/videos --privileged dosel/zalenium start"

I am getting error:

C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: Windows does not support privileged mode.

I want to start the zalenium with the above command but I could not able to do it, because of this error.

Can anyone assist me on this, please?

I am also facing same issue. How did u resolve it?

remove “–privileged” ?

btw. is this the “official” command to launch zalenium ?

If I remove “–privileged” I get below error and I tried it in single command line :

docker run --rm -ti --name zalenium -p 4444:4444 -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock       -v /c/Users/your_user_name/temp/videos:/home/seluser/videos --privileged dosel/zalenium start

Error:

C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\resources\bin\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: ‘/var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock’.

I tried below commands by replacing () with (^) and (`) but did not work. Even after removing --privileged it is not working and I got this command from https://opensource.zalando.com/zalenium/:

docker run --rm -ti --name zalenium -p 4444:4444 ^

-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock ^

-v /c/Users/your_user_name/temp/videos:/home/seluser/videos ^

–privileged dosel/zalenium start

Ok, there seem to be multiple issues here …
First of all, Windows does not support “privileged” mode. -> Link
Second, the error message indicates that there’s something wrong with the volume. So I’d check if /c/Users/your_user_name/temp/videos really exists and is accessible.
On top, I’d highly suggest to move away from Windows! Docker will run much smoother in a Linux environment