Error to Start Docker. Docker Application Container Engine

I’m new with docker, and i’m getting this error below when a i try to run “systemctl start docker”:

Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status docker.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

JOURNALCTL -XE RESULT:

– Automatic restarting of the unit docker.service has been scheduled, as the result for
– the configured Restart= setting for the unit.
Dec 03 11:06:10 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Stopped Docker Application Container Engine.
– Subject: Unit docker.service has finished shutting down
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel

– Unit docker.service has finished shutting down.
Dec 03 11:06:10 localhost.localdomain audit[1]: SERVICE_START pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 subj=system_u:system_r:init_t:s0 msg='unit=docker comm=“systemd” exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? termina>
Dec 03 11:06:10 localhost.localdomain audit[1]: SERVICE_STOP pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 subj=system_u:system_r:init_t:s0 msg='unit=docker comm=“systemd” exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal>
Dec 03 11:06:10 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: docker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Dec 03 11:06:10 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 03 11:06:10 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine.
– Subject: Unit docker.service has failed
– Defined-By: systemd
– Support: https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/systemd-devel

– Unit docker.service has failed.

– The result is failed.

Any idea?

Att,

Hi :slight_smile:

you can try and run the deamon manually, as root run command: dockerd
and check if the output give some good pointers, or post the output here

2 Likes

TKS DUDE, Worked perfectly.

what was the problem? :slight_smile:

Same problem. The error shown by systemd is terrible. Running dockerd manually worked for me too, thank you. In my case, it was a simple syntax error in the /etc/docker/daemon.json file. The dockerd error was very clear that it was a json parsing error.

1 Like

Same here, dockerd gives detailed error. In my case parsing the daemon.json file as well.
Thanks!