Error when running mysql on raspberry / ARM: ERROR: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

Hello all i need same help i install docker and docker compose
i try install wordpress phpmyadmin ins my raspberry pi 4 8GB
itry these configuration but with out sucess same one can help me ?

version: '3.1'

services:

wordpress:
    image: wordpress
    restart: always
    ports:
      - 8080:80
    environment:
      WORDPRESS_DB_HOST: db
      WORDPRESS_DB_USER: pi
      WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD: 
      WORDPRESS_DB_NAME: exampledb
    volumes:
      - wordpress:/var/www/html

db:
    image: mysql:5.7
    environment:
      MYSQL_DATABASE: exampledb
      MYSQL_USER: Adminp
      MYSQL_PASSWORD: 
      MYSQL_RANDOM_ROOT_PASSWORD: ''
    volumes:
      - db:/var/lib/mysql

volumes:
  wordpress:
  db:

i make command docker-compose up but afther appeares these info version: ‘3.1’

after put run docker-compose up give me these info :
Pulling db (mysql:5.7)…
5.7: Pulling from library/mysql
ERROR: no matching manifest for linux/arm64/v8 in the manifest list entries

how i can fixed

tank you

Hi

It means that mysql didnt make an image that support ARM, try switching “mysql:5.7” out with “mariadb:latest”

also your WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD and MYSQL_PASSWORD needs to be the same, also WORDPRESS_DB_USER and MYSQL_USER

Hi now give these pi@raspberrypi:~/exe_docker $ docker-compose up
ERROR: no such image: “mariadb:latest”: invalid reference format

Tank you

try and remove the " around it

hello i try these configuration version: ‘3.1’

services:

wordpress:
image: wordpress
ports:
- 8080:80
environment:
WORDPRESS_DB_HOST: db
WORDPRESS_DB_USER: pi
WORDPRESS_DB_PASSWORD: Papi##
WORDPRESS_DB_NAME: radiodb
volumes:
- wordpress:/var/www/html

db:
image: mysql
ports:
- 3306:3306
environment:
MYSQL_DATABASE: radioddb
MYSQL_USER: pi
MYSQL_PASSWORD: Papi#
MYSQL_RANDOM_ROOT_PASSWORD: ‘Papi#’
volumes:
- db:/var/lib/mysql

volumes:
wordpress:
db:

but when i go brouse localhost:8080/wordpress appears issiues Error establishing a database connection

can ou mhelp me ?
tank you

Your DB is different, your password is different

Can you tell me which line is wrong?

The password/user/database should be the same both places

Please read this tutorial to format your post properly:

This way you can help us to understand your question better.

@terpz fixed your first comment. :+1: so I let you to try to fix the other one. Thank you!

myssql:5.7 did not support ARM. MySQL 8 images has ARM support, but only the oracle variants, not the images with the “debian” suffix.

There is an other MySQL image which is maintained by the MySQL team: mysql/mysql-server

It has ARM support for MySQL 8 but not for MySQL 5.7.

MariaDB is similar to MySQL but not the same. They have a compatibility description: MariaDB versus MySQL - Compatibility - MariaDB Knowledge Base

I don’t know if switching ot MariaDB is better or worse than using MySQL, but that is decision which is not related to Docker.

thanks I already installed it but I can’t access mysql

In the tutorial comes a solution, and is to use the --platform flag:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo docker compose up -d
[+] Running 0/11
 ⠋ evcc 6 layers [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                        11.1s
 ⠋ grafana 9 layers [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                  11.1s
 ⠋ influxdb Pulling                                                                                                      11.1s
 ⠋ mosquitto 3 layers [⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                      11.1s
 ⠋ iobroker 4 layers [⠀⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                      11.1s
 ⠋ pialert 5 layers [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                      11.1s
 ⠋ nodered_Handy 17 layers [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                   11.1s
 ⠋ portainer 3 layers [⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                      11.1s
 ⠋ chronograf Pulling                                                                                                    11.1s
 ⠋ nodered Pulling                                                                                                       11.1s
 ⠋ teslamate 6 layers [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]      0B/0B      Pulling                                                                   11.1s
no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries

```   docker-compose-plugin (2.18.1-1~raspbian.10~buster)

Are you sharing this output to let us know that you use a compose file with plenty of services where at least one container does not provide an image for linux/arm/v8?

You can actually see in “tags” tab of the Dockerhub repo whether a tag is available as multi-arch images and the architectures they support.