Extension "Volumes Backup & Share" fails with "Internal Server Error HTTP status code: 500"

Issue type: Unable to backup volume using extension “Volumes Backup & Share”
OS Version / Build: Windows 11 Version 22H2 (Build: 22621.674)
App version: v.4.13.1
Steps to reproduce:
“Volumes Backup & Share” > “Export volume” > “To: Local File” > “.tar.zst” > “Directory” > “Select directory” > “” returns
Failed to backup volume to C:\Users<my-win-user>\Desktop: {“message”:“Internal Server Error”}. HTTP status code: 500

Diagnostic ID:
6FD65E53-DD8F-44DB-A774-357A2EE71651/20221102203305

Hello,

Trying to export a volume using the Docker extension “Volumes Backup & Share” but it fails regardless of destination:
C:
C:\Users<my-win-user>\Desktop
D:\
^ External USB
with the error:
Failed to backup volume to C:\Users<my-win-user>\Desktop: {“message”:“Internal Server Error”}. HTTP status code: 500

The container the volume belongs to isn’t started.

Would appreciate any and all help!

Best Regards - TheSwede86

Please, check your post and edit it to fix the missing parts. Always make sure your post looks exactly that you wanted it to look like so you have a better chance to get an answer. You can read how you can format your post properly here:

Since it is an “internal server error”, I would try to remove and reinstall the extension. Note that this is a community forum, so we can’t see the diagnostic reports sent to Docker. If you have any more log messages, we can try to help to interpret that, but “internal server error” doesn’t say much.