Final environment variables applied file is needed

I have a long docker-compose command as below… after this merger, I want to know the final environment file… is it possible…

docker compose --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movie
s/0_cmns/support/support.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\j
ava\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0_1_java/0_1_1_es/es.env --env
-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0_1_java/apm
/apm.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02
_movies/0_cmns/support/0_1_java/sb/sb.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0_2_redis/redis.env
–env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies
/0_cmns/support/0_3_nodejs/nodejs.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spri
ng-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0_3_nodejs/0_3_1_movies-loader/ml.env --env
-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0_3_nodejs/e
sc/esc.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02
_movies/0_cmns/support/0_3_nodejs/fe/fe.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0_4_dotnet/login/login.env
–env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/0
_5_python/locust/locust.env -f F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spri
ng-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/0_cmns/support/support-compose.yml --env-file F
:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_esn/2_0_cmns/support/supp
ort.env -f F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix
/2_esn/2_1_auto/cmns/support/support-compose.yml --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osour
ce\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_esn/2_0_cmns/support/java/apm/apm.env
–env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_esn/2_1
_auto/cmns/support/dotnet/2_1_1_login/login.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\j
ava\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_esn/2_0_cmns/support/nodejs/2_0_1_es-connector/esc.env
–env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_e
sn/2_0_cmns/support/nodejs/2_0_2_frontend/fe.env --env-file F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_esn/2_1_auto/langs/java/sb.env
-f F:\nag\DWork\osource\experiments\java\spring-boot\otel\03_es\03_02_movies/esflix/2_esn/2_1_auto/langs/java/sb-compose.yml up -d

Replace this with config and you will see the fully rendered resulting compose file in long syntax.

1 Like

config

Thank You, this gives final docker-compose file, however, was looking for a combined .env file so that I can use the same variables in my shell to do more automation.

is it possible to get the merged .env file with all the variables and values too…

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that what you are looking for does not exist, and that using config is the next best option.

1 Like

Any way to request for that feature as it is quite useful in keeping docker compose files less complicated…

config should actually give both yml and env file…

It would break many scripts if it actually would do so…

If you feel a merged output of provided environment files is need, you can open a feature request in the compose Github project:

1 Like

Raised, thank you.