Fresh installation of Docker Desktop has issues on startup

Hey

I am having some trouble setting op my developer enviroment.
I did it one year ago on my previous desktop pc running Windows 10 Pro.
Now I have another desktop pc running Windows 10 Educational (Version 1909, build 18363.1082)

I have downloaded the latest version of Docker Desktop from https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop and installed it without any errors.

But when launching the program (After Reboot) the following error is displayed:

Docker.Core.DockerException:
time="2020-09-09T14:16:27+02:00" level=error msg="cannot get pki directory: cannot read \"apiserver-etcd-client.crt\": open C:\\Users\\Erik\\AppData\\Local\\Docker\\pki\\apiserver-etcd-client.crt: Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet."

ved Docker.Engines.IsoConfig.CreateIso(Settings settings, JObject jsonConfig, Boolean rawJson) i C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Desktop\Engines\IsoConfig.cs:linje 122
   ved Docker.Engines.LinuxHyperVEngine.<DoStartAsync>d__12.MoveNext() i C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Desktop\Engines\LinuxHyperVEngine.cs:linje 56
--- Afslutningen på staksporingen fra den tidligere placering, hvor undtagelsen blev udløst ---
   ved System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   ved Docker.ApiServices.StateMachines.TaskExtensions.<WrapAsyncInCancellationException>d__0.MoveNext() i C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\StateMachines\TaskExtensions.cs:linje 29
--- Afslutningen på staksporingen fra den tidligere placering, hvor undtagelsen blev udløst ---
   ved System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   ved Docker.ApiServices.StateMachines.StartTransition.<DoRunAsync>d__5.MoveNext() i C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\StateMachines\StartTransition.cs:linje 67
   ved Docker.ApiServices.StateMachines.StartTransition.<DoRunAsync>d__5.MoveNext() i C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github.com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\StateMachines\StartTransition.cs:linje 92

“Den angivne fil blev ikke fundet” means “The specified file cannot be found”.

I have tried to search the Internet, but haven’t found any usefull advice.
Is there anybody who can help me?

I want to use it with WSL 2 and Ubuntu which I have installed and gotten to work.

Cheers,

Erik

Don’t know if this is related to the error message you get, but to use Docker Desktop together with WSL2 you should upgrade to version 2004. Take a look at Prerequisites on the page about the WSL2 backend.

You need Windows 10 2004, although Microsoft will be back-porting WSL2 to earlier editions at some point. Full instructions including Docker installation: