Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Getting a 500 error when trying to access my Azure App Service with Mounted Storage using windows containers

Hi, I am using a windows docker container to access Azure file storage mounted to an app service however I get a 500 error, any ideas?

2021-03-29T14:55:14 Welcome, you are now connected to log-streaming service. The default timeout is 2 hours. Change the timeout with the App Setting SCM_LOGSTREAM_TIMEOUT (in seconds).

2021-03-29T14:55:18 PID[17628] Error ‘/c’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

2021-03-29T14:55:18 PID[17628] Error operable program or batch file.

Try adding Application Insights to the app. You should see errors on startup of your application.

I would also take a look at your startup code to see if you are writing to disk anywhere during configuration or app.start. This might be the case if you are using AAD in any capacity.

You can also hit up the KUDU console by targetting https://sitename.scm.azurewebsites.net . You will be able to navigate in the debugging console to see the RAW logs from IIS. That might shed some light into the situation. See KUDU for more info.

Thanks for the advice, I’ve now discovered I only get the 500 error after creating my docker image, the code successfully publishes to an App Service. What would docker do to the image that would cause this?