Got Unable to write com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/net/config=static to the database. Exit code: 1

I have installed docker beta on Windows 10 Pro and when I started docker for first time, I got below failure:

Unable to write com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/net/config=static to the database. Exit code: 1

Here is the log snippet:

2016/06/06 08:48:22 Retry to dial \.\pipe\databasepipe
2016/06/06 08:48:22 Failed to contact the database on \.\pipe\databasepipe: open \.\pipe\databasepipe: The system cannot find the file specified.

[08:48:22.703][NamedPipeServer][Error ] Unable to execute Start: Unable to write com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/net/config=static to the database. Exit code: 1 at Docker.Backend.Database.Write(String key, String value)
at Docker.Backend.Database.Write(Settings settings)
at Docker.Backend.Backend.Start(Settings settings)
at Docker.Core.pipe.NamedPipeServer.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0(Object[] parameters)
at Docker.Core.pipe.NamedPipeServer.RunAction(String action, Object[] parameters)
[08:48:22.707][NamedPipeClient][Error ] Unable to send Start: Unable to write com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/net/config=static to the database. Exit code: 1
[08:48:22.710][Notifications ][Error ] Unable to write com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/net/config=static to the database. Exit code: 1
[08:48:22.716][NamedPipeClient][Info ] Sending GetDebugInfo()…

1 Like

Thanks for this report - could you upload the full log (in particular we need some of the ids from the top of the file). If you don’t want to share on the forum, feel free to email it on beta-feedback@docker.com.

Sorry, the email address is beta-feedback@docker.com

Where can I find the log ?

I sent logs and debug-info to the email id which you mentioned. Please have a look and let me know how can I fix this.

Any update on this issue ??

I’m getting the same issue. I’m emailing to the beta support (edit: I didn’t email support)

I am running Windows 10 as a VM on a Mac, not sure if that matters or could be the root cause in my case.

I too have Win 10 Pro VM. I think this issue is happening on VM only but not on physical machines.

Can anyone confirm this ?

theoretically it shouldn’t matter. I’ve run other virtualization platforms within VMs before to no ill effect. so long as hypervisor functions properly (which it is) it shouldn’t really matter unless there’s something super low-level going on.

Ok I’ve fixed it and gotten everything working.

It essentially boils down to ensuring that the system requirements are met in the Virtual Machine.

See here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/virtualization/hyperv_on_windows/quick_start/walkthrough_compatibility

For instance, I run VMWare Fusion. I had to go into the Processors & Memory Settings section and ensure I had the Advanced setting “Enable Hypervisor applications in this virtual machine” selected. VirtualBox has a similar setting somewhere which I assume would have the same effect.

That actually did not work on it’s own. I had to also increase RAM from the barebones I had of 4GB to about 6GB to meet the minimum HyperV memory system requirement.

Works great for me now… or as they love to hear at Docker… “works on my machine”

Hope this helps!

I have 10 GB of RAM and my systeminfo.exe says

Hyper-V Requirements: A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

So I think my machine is good for docker but still I am facing problem.

Do you have domain enabled on your machine ?