Help Mount local directory with 32bit Inode

I’m on Docker for Windows, and I’m trying to mount a local directory so that I can edit files on the host and test them in the docker container. However, when I use mount the inode value from is huge. Interestingly, if you use COPY or ADD from the Dockerfile this does not occur.

I need the inode value to not be 64 bit. Is there any way to mount a local directory and force it to have a 32bit inode?

I have the same problem. But I have no idea to deal it after google.
Did you solve it?

Since you are sure you have the same problem: please help everyone else to understand what this topic is exactly about. I have not the faintest idea what the original Post was about.

So either you wait for the OP to answer your question, or you will have to add way more information (like the OP should have done in the first place) about what you tried (as in exact commands, exact content of Dockerfile and compose file) and exact error messages (preferably per copy/paste), so we can get an idea of what you do and can spot what might need to be done diferent.

If you have tried anything from Google results, please, also share the links. I found this

https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/kbs/details?targetId=kA00e000000CtGfCAK

It is about NFS, but when you mount files into containers in the virtual machine of Docker Desktop, those are not simple bind mounts either. Windows doesn’t even store the files the same way, so it would be impossiible to keep permissions, but Docker Desktop does has a way to make it possible to change permissions inside the virtual machine.

When you just copy files using the COPY or ADD instructions, you won’t have the same files only a copy of them so it doesn’t require any tricks, those files will be phisically in the virtual machine.

Note: The original question is not perfectly clear to me either, but if an application doesn’t understand large IDs it is possible that you are using an old version of that or you emulated a different architecture. I nevere checked for myself before, but it was reported that when a different architecture is emulated using Qemu, it falls back to 32 bit. At least this is what a command (which I don’t remember) showed.