Just use code blocks please, as described in our formatting guide and as you would on GitHub or any markdow-based editor. Then your commands and error messages can be copied as well easily to reproduce issues or search for errors: How to format your forum posts
Yes, this is how Kind works (Kubernetes in Docker)
I’m not sure either. Maybe the problem is accessing the containerd api if anything was corrupted in your Docker Desktop.
If you want to understand the networking of Docker Desktop, you can read this blog post which is old, but it should be something similar today.
What I can say is what I said before. Kubernetes should have no problem with pulling the image. I tried to reproduce the issue on my Mac. I trid the kubeadm-based and kind-based Kubernetes and both worked.
In general, proxy settings or VPN affected the network in Docker Desktop before, but I would expect it to fail with ctr too..
What is your host operating system and version? Cany ou show the docker info output? You can remove any private IP or username that you wouldn’t share before posting. And please, use code blocks.