I’m releasing a complex application with docker-compose and I need to manually write release notes mentioning the changes the releases.
- mongodb 2.0.0 (1.0.0) # using now 2.0.0 of mongodb, before 1.0.0
- application 1.0.0 (new) # new introduced images
- postgres 3.0.0 (deleted) # image not used anymore
To write the release notes manually is cumbersome and errorprone.
Couldn’t find anything so I wrote a small tool for automate this boring task.
compose_diff is a tool, that takes two docker-compose.yml files compares them and displays the differences.
It could display the difference in:
- image versions used. also, which image is new, which not used anymore
- display the number of instantiations of a the images
Do you guys have similar problems?
Would like to hear your opinion about it.