On my very first time, I was getting issue on running jenkins on docker which is running on windows 7.
I followed below procedure to solve the issue
- To know if jenkin (all) is pulled from docker hub or not:
$ docker ps
- To know about your docker information
$ docker info
- Know the ip address of your docker
$ docker-machine ip default
- Pull jenkins from docker hum
$ docker pull jenkins
- Run jenkins on 8080 port
$ docker run -p 8080:8080 --name=jenkins-master jenkins
Copy the password for jenkins(it is required when you would hit the browser)
- Then open browser, put the address as below to access jenkins
ip Address of your jenkins(when you called $ docker-machine ip default):8080
- Now it would ask you the password which mentioned on point 5.
- Now configure plugins as per your requirement.
These are the lines to follow when you are setting jenkins on “Docker”