How to use the docker build command to run the files in a directory

Can anyone plz help me to run the files in the folder using docker build command.

I am trying to create an image using docker build command so I created a directory (practice) as specified in the tutorial https://docs.docker.com/get-started/part2/#your-new-development-environment
and added the files to the directory:- Dockerfiles.txt, requirement.txt and apps.py, now when I’m trying to use the command'docker build -t friendlyhello . it says The system cannot find the file specified

please help me to solve this problem I’m a beginner.

Go to the Dockerfile located directory and execute the docker build command. docker build -t friendlyhello . The end of dot denote the docker context, all files(tar file) will be sent to docker deamon(docker server) to build.

where is the file ‘Dockerfile’ ? that is what docker build reads… that exact name ( not .txt)

I have made a directory named practice in which I have stored files named Dockerfile.txt, apps.py and requirement.txt.
When I tried running the command on my Powershell i get the response the sysytem can't find the file specified
I have also tried running docker build -t practice . but the response was same

Try to remove .txt in your Dockerfile.txt