I have a problem with downloading MsSQL container and run docker successfully

Last login: Sat Jun 18 16:36:23 on ttys000

tanyaatanasova@Tanyas-MacBook-Pro ~ % rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/group.com.docker

rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker

rm -rf ~/.docker

tanyaatanasova@Tanyas-MacBook-Pro ~ % rm -rf ~/Library/Group\ Containers/group.com.docker

rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker

rm -rf ~/.docker

tanyaatanasova@Tanyas-MacBook-Pro ~ %

Can you tell us more about the problem? I don’t see the relevance of removing files. if you need help, please explain your situation, what you want to achieve, how you tried that, what error messages you got. When you share codes, terminal commands, terminal outputs or error messages, use the code block button (</>) so your message will not be altered by the markdown filter.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server: Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

This is the error message from azure data studio.

Please, answer all of the questions. An error message means nothing if you don’t tell us how you created the container and why do you expect it to work.

I recommend my slides to you to get quicker answers:

Since we don’t know anything about your issue, you need to give us all the relevant information.

In the title you wrote you had problem with downloading MSSQL “container”. I guess you mean MSSQL image. If you cannot download the image, then how do you run the container? Write your questions as clear as you can. Share how you started the container how you configured it if you have configuration files contaning network specific configuration. If you have Docker Compose files, please, share that too after removing passwords and other secret data.

I downloaded it like image and container both, but when I click on run …nothing happen.

I’m using Mac book pro with m1. Can u give me you email… to write there? I’m a new student and I’m not sure what I do, but I use the command with instal rosseta and it doesn’t work too. when I try to push the image to hub I got this
error parsing HTTP 404 response body: invalid character ‘ï’ looking for beginning of value: “\ufeff<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>ResourceNotFoundThe specified resource does not exist.\nRequestId:25c88abe-401e-0028-10c3-83b21c000000\nTime:2022-06-19T09:59:49.8389511Z”

I want to upload a screenshot of the commands in terminal, but I can’t upload it here, to send the photos by email

You can’t download containers only images.

No. This is whan of the statements I have on my 14. slide in the presentaton I linked:

Do not ask for in private message / e-mail

There are many free image sharing websites where you can upload screenshotts and send the link here.

If you can’t send the post with links for some reason, you can use code blocks with the code block button (</>) which is also recommended to use for error messages, terminal outputs and obviously for codes.

You could alos use the terminal as most of the tutorials show you how to run containers from terminal and you can just copy and paste the command and the error message without screenshots.

I guess you mean Rosetta. Why do you want to use that directly? How did you install Docker? Use the official documentation

It may be a network error, proxy server or just an incorrect image name. I can’t tell you more without knowing exactly what and how you try to do.

Please share commands instead of images whenever you can. If you absolutely need to share images, until you have permission to do it here (I don’t know how long it takes to get permission) use an image sharing website like https://imgur.com/