In Termux host unrooted, I would like to use docker, so I can use distrobox, to install miniforge3 (conda)

Hi

In my Termux host environment, unrooted, I would really like to use docker, so I may use distrobox, for example, in order to install miniforge3 (conda), for example, and associated projects. I already have a number of chroots, of proot-distro alias distributions, and miniforge3 (conda) therein, has been a revelation in my Debian chroot, through proot. Is realising this possible?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation
Beauford

I must admit, I didn’t understand anything from your post. Do you mind rephrasing it?

1 Like

Sure, I can rephrase my question. I would like to be able to use Docker within Termux (a terminal emulator that extends Android’s functionality with a Linux userland), in an unrooted (a device without super-user/administrative privileges) Android portable hand-held device. Is this possible? Also, is it possible to use Docker in a proot (a pseudo or proxy root) chroot (a containerised/jail guest environment, that shares resources with the host)? On the one Android device with Termux extensibility, apart from the main Termux host Linux userland environment, I currently have an additional seven (7) GNU/Linux proot chroots, all for different usecases: two (2) Debian, (2) two Fedora, Kali NetHunter Rootless, Arch and Ubuntu. Can I run Docker in them?

I hope this is clearer, the second time around. If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

It is clearer. But I have no answers to these questions.

Have you considered raising an issue in the Moby Github repository and asking there?