Incoming connection spam to com.docker.supervisor

I just a fresh install of Docker for Mac, and with no containers running, Little Snitch is showing me a spam of incoming connections hitting com.docker.supervisor. Many of these are from China or Russia, and at this point after a few days, there are 550+ IPs that have attempted to connect to my machine. One IP from Shanghai is pinging me every 5 seconds.

Searching the forums, it appears there was a former issue around using external pool NTP servers. [1] This appears to have been resolved. [2] So, this is likely a new and different issue?

This causing much concern about the security of my system. Does Docker for Mac using UPnP or NAT-PMP to open a port? Even if this is similar to the NTP issue, why are these incoming connections?

The simplest thing to do is to block all incoming connections to com.docker.supervisor, but then I’m sure that will break something.

Is there something I’m missing? What is the cause of this, and what can I do do stop it and use Docker for Mac securely? Appreciate the wisdom from this group.

[1] Malware in Docker for Mac?
[2] Docker for Mac 18.03 still uses pool.ntp.org · Issue #2786 · docker/for-mac · GitHub