Changes to files under /Users on MacOSX should trigger inotify events observable inside container using inotifywait from inotify-tools ubuntu package.
No events are triggered. However, when mapping /tmp, the events are propagated and can be observed using inotifywait.
$ pinata diagnose -u OS X: version 10.11.5 (build: 15F34) Docker.app: version v1.11.1-beta12 Running diagnostic tests: [OK] Moby booted [OK] driver.amd64-linux [OK] vmnetd [OK] osxfs [OK] db [OK] slirp [OK] menubar [OK] environment [OK] Docker [OK] VT-x Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160521-205650.tar.gz Most specific failure is: No error was detected Your unique id is: 4AC8DD0F-78B5-4EE1-B74E-4952B9A7C691
- Container created using the following command:
docker run -it -v /tmp:/mnt/tmp -v /Users:/Users ubuntu:16.04 bash
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Create the container using command above
- Install inotify-tools inside container
- Listen for events using
inotifywait -rm <file_or_folder>
- Create or modify files under /tmp and under /Users on MacOSX
- Observe that events are received in container for changes under /tmp; but not received for changes made under /Users