Mounts denied: The path is not shared to the host; when it is

Hello all, new to Docker here. Trying to run a container, but keep getting the following error message, even though I have followed the steps outlined. I’m afraid I don’t understand what the problem is.

Failed to run image. (HTTP code 500) server error - Mounts denied: The path /media is not shared from the host and is not known to Docker. You can configure shared paths from Docker → Preferences… → Resources → File Sharing.

![screenshot|690x388]Apparently, new users can only attach one screenshot. Here is the second:

Docker Desktiop runs a virtual machine. When you bind mount a folder from the host, that first has to be shared with the virtual machine. Go to the Docker Desktop settings, Resources and there File Sharing, and there share /media.

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had already done that.

I ended up solving this on my own. The UI was not clear to me, in that I did not click the “+” after entering the volume info while running the container for the first time. I would enter the info and click run, because I did not need to add a second volume.