Newbie with an Image problem

Hi Folks

I have built an open street map dockerfile and ran it to create the image.
It appears that the image is created successfully.
When I try to run the PBF file I get the following error:

Successfully built cc6e648566e4
Successfully tagged johnnytest:latest
osm@ubuntu:/data/dump/dockertester$ docker image save johnnytest > johnnytest.tar
osm@ubuntu:/data/dump/dockertester$ docker load -i johnnytest.tar
Loaded image: johnnytest:latest
osm@ubuntu:/data/dump/dockertester$ docker run -v /data/dump/dockertester/data.osm.pbf:/data.osm.pbf -v osm-postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main johnnytest import
standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused “no such file or directory”
osm@ubuntu:/data/dump/dockertester$ docker run -v /data/dump/dockertester/data.osm.pbf:/data.osm.pbf -v osm-postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main cc6e648566e4 import
standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused “no such file or directory”
osm@ubuntu:/data/dump/dockertester$ docker run -v data.osm.pbf:/data.osm.pbf -v osm-postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main cc6e648566e4 import
osm@ubuntu:/data/dump/dockertester$ docker run -v data.osm.pbf:/data.osm.pbf -v osm-postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main johnnytest import

As you can see I tried a couple of things to see if I could isolate the issue…it was a no go

Hello,

I had an issue over a year ago, where “docker save mycontainer > myimage.tar” would not work properly.
“Docker save mycontainer --output myimage.tar” would work fine. But I guess that issue has been fixed by now.

What you can do, is open shell or bash inside the running container

docker run -v /data/dump/dockertester/data.osm.pbf:/data.osm.pbf -v osm-postgres-data:/var/lib/postgresql/9.5/main johnnytest shell (or bash, depending on base image)

In the shell (or bash) you can navigate around, and check if the mounted files are in the correct place.
You can also run the import from there.