Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

No containers running

Hi experts, I installed docker in Windows 10. When ran docker, it said “No Container running”.
In the powershell, I ran the command “dokcer run -d -p 80:80 docker/getting-started”. But it said "Unable to find image ‘docker/getting-started:lastest’ locally. Please advise! Thank you!

1 Like

Did it say anything else?

“Unable to find image ‘docker/getting-started:lastest’ locally” is pretty normal, if you dont have the image on your pc, it will download it, and thats its way telling you that.

but. this image docker/getting-started:lastest, dosnt exist, I belive you misspelled “latest” in your docker command

it should be “docker/getting-started:latest”

I am having the same issue. I have restarted Docker Service on my computer. The other day when thi happened, that worked. Not today. I get this error after trying to start centos.
C:\Users\tgrant>docker run -it centos
docker: error during connect: This error may indicate that the docker daemon is not running.: Post http://%2F%2F.%2Fpipe%2Fdocker_engine/v1.24/containers/create: open //./pipe/docker_engine: The system cannot find the file specified.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Hi

its not the same issue, OPs problem was with images, yours is with the docker engine it self.
But as the error states, is docker running?