Oracle Enterprise Ed Install issue using docker hub

Hello All:
I am trying to install Oracle Enterprise Edition for database in imac using docker hub and after downloading image with docker pull command, I get this error when I give docker start oracle command with any of these ways:

docker start oracle
Error response from daemon: No such container: oracle
Error: failed to start containers: oracle
ARUNs-iMac:~ arunthapa$ docker images
REPOSITORY                         TAG             IMAGE ID       CREATED       SIZE
docker/getting-started             latest          bd9a9f733898   5 weeks ago   28.8MB
gvenzl/oracle-xe                   latest          279ed29e908d   6 weeks ago   3.23GB
gvenzl/oracle-xe                   11              2fa8e681972e   6 weeks ago   715MB
store/oracle/database-enterprise   12.2.0.1-slim   27c9559d36ec   4 years ago   2.08GB
ARUNs-iMac:~ arunthapa$ docker run store/oracle/database-enterprise
Unable to find image 'store/oracle/database-enterprise:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: manifest for store/oracle/database-enterprise:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown.
See 'docker run --help'.

Please help,
Thanks

I edited your post to make the codes more readable. Please, use the code block button (</>) when you insert codes. In the worst cases the markdown filter can totally breake your post.

1. Your first command is docker start oracle, but you have not created a container yet with the name “oracle”. This is what docker run ... could do.
  2. Your second command shows the images. You can see you don’t have store/oracle/database-enterprise with the “latest” tag. If you don’t set the tag on docker run for the image, it will use the “latest”

This should work:

docker run store/oracle/database-enterprise:12.2.0.1-slim

Although you probably want to run it in the background with a name like this:

docker run -d --name oracle store/oracle/database-enterprise:12.2.0.1-slim

I haven’t tested it. Usually databa se containers need some parameters. Read the documentation or at least the description on Docker Hub if there is one for more details.

Hello Docker Community:
Thank you for the help. I will try your suggestion and might get back to you if I need further assistance.
Thanks