Override docker firewall rules without disabling iptables modification by docker?

My issue is that i’m getting hammered on my vps from china ip’s on my SQL server. The vps is running Ubuntu 16.04. I have used an iptables config where i could easily open additional ports without interfering with the docker rules. The problem is i can’t seem to block any specific ip’s on the ports opened with docker. My iptables curently looks like this:

*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FILTERS - [0:0]
:DOCKER-USER - [0:0]

-F INPUT
-F DOCKER-USER
-F FILTERS

-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp --icmp-type any -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -j FILTERS

-A DOCKER-USER -i ens33 -j FILTERS

-A FILTERS -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A FILTERS -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A FILTERS -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

COMMIT
I found this tutorial: https://mattwilcox.net/web-development/unexpected-ddos-blocking-china-with-ipset-and-iptables/ It explains how to get a list of chinese ip’s and block them in the iptables, using this line:

-A INPUT -p tcp -m set --match-set china src -j DROP

Using this i got it working blocking ping requests adding it as one of the first rules. But no matter what i seem to do i can’t get it to block ip’s on the ports opened by docker.

I saw that you could disable iptables modification by docker, but i really like the ease of not having to manually open all ports my containers uses. Is there a way to add the line above as a global rule overriding all rules docker makes?

Any help is apreciated.

Try this command iptables -I DOCKER-USER -s [ip-to-block] -j DROP