Pinata: command not found

Blogs and forum posts lead me to believe I should have an executable called pinata but I cannot find it. Am I doing something silly?

Expected behavior

which pinata produces

Actual behavior

-bash: pinata: command not found

Information

Running OSX 10.11.5

Docker for Mac: version: mac-v1.11.2-beta15
OS X: version 10.11.5 (build: 15F34)
logs: /tmp/20160611-165726.tar.gz
failure: No error was detected

Steps to reproduce the behavior

1. which pinata
  2. observe pinata not found
7 Likes

I was confused about the missing piñata command from command line as well.

I found that clicking Preferences from Docker’s taskbar icon and opening the Advanced tab shows all the pinata’s config options are in the UI now.

I can’t find changelog for the beta15 version but I think it’s removed in favour of GUI.

actually, where do I find the dns option?

How I now switch to network hostnet/nat without pinata?
I dont see any specific settings for networking in Preferences -> Advanced tab

I’m having the same issue. We already use 172.17.0.0 for an internal range which completely screws up all routing. This pretty much makes Docker for Mac useless.

2 Likes

this is a bummer. please provide a way to configure the dns +1

1 Like

I’ve been confused by this too. Need Pinata to check that Namespaces are running by default but can not.

No pinata in /usr/local/bin, cannot find the symlink and there is no pinata in de Docker.app Resources/bin directory. Did you guys forget to package it?

1 Like

they deliberately removed it but forgot to communicate that to folks. pretty annoying.

Can you please sticky one of these “pinata not found - this is intentional” threads?

someone know how to set networking to NAT ? the localhost is pretty crappy since it use SIRP (or however it is called) that very often is overvelmend when i launch my dev apps

Seems like the pinata functionality is now supposed to be in the Preferences menu. I un-installed and installed Version 1.12.0-rc2-beta16 (build: 9493) f615be9fb245904fbdf1aa0cad251d418c869428. No pinata and no pinata or vm settings in the Preferences menu. Must it show up in the menu or somewhere?

someone know how to set networking to NAT?

1 Like

We also use 172.17.0.0 for the internal network which makes Docker for Mac unusable unfortunately. Anyone found a solution to that?

I’m a docker n00b but did you ever do a docker network ls? And subsequently a docker network inspect bridge? It shows a network configuration and if you ask me you can change that.

Pinata was removed and some of the preferences were moved to the GUI.

A hacky way to change some settings. From the forum :

cd ~/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/database/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux
echo '{"storage-driver":"aufs","dns":["8.8.8.8"],"insecure-registries":["yourdomain.com:5000"],"debug":true}' > etc/docker/daemon.json
git add etc/docker/daemon.json;
git commit -m 'etc/docker/daemon.json change';

The git commit will trigger an xhyve VM restart (git commit hook?). The Docker for Mac menulet icon in OS X will show a restart.

The Docker for Mac preferences will now show yourdomain.com:5000 as an insecure registry.

docker run -it --rm busybox cat /etc/resolv.conf will show that the nameserver for containers is now 8.8.8.8