Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Random write errors on osxfs

beta

(Andy Neff) #1

Expected behavior

Successful run of script

Actual behavior

It fails on one of the extracting debug info from steps, towards the end of the process.

extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/cs2cs
extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/geod
extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/nad2bin
extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/proj
eu-strip: while writing '/home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/proj': cannot write data to file

I have had it fail on cs2cs, geo, and proj, or not fail at all and actually succeed! When I first encountered this error, it happened like 10 times in a row. Now I run this docker proof-of-failure 10 times and sometimes it doesn’t fail at all. End result, it’s an intermittent issue

Information

OS X: version 10.11.4 (build: 15E65)
Docker.app: version: v1.11.1-beta14.5.m
Running diagnostic tests:
[OK]      docker-cli
[OK]      Moby booted
[OK]      driver.amd64-linux
[OK]      vmnetd
[OK]      osxfs
[OK]      db
[OK]      slirp
[OK]      menubar
[OK]      environment
[OK]      Docker
[OK]      VT-x
Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160610-164144.tar.gz
Most specific failure is: No error was detected
Your unique id is: 7E3402FB-DCEE-4B44-A742-2316699B5580
Please quote this in all correspondence.

Docker to reproduce error

Docker issue

Steps to reproduce the behavior

1. docker run -it --rm -v ~/blah:/home/dev andyneff/docker_mac_osxfs_error

(Erik Dasque) #2

I have had multiple networking errors as well in the latest beta. Most of the time things do not work but rarely they do proceed correctly. It’s been very challenging.

(Agreenhalgh) #3

This is still present as an issue in Version 1.12.0-rc2-beta17 (build: 9779)
ff18c0c63c5ff3c4a4a925d191d5592d655779d7

(David Sheets) #4

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner.

I believed we’ve fixed this issue in Beta 21/1.12 as several low-level file system caching issues were identified and fixed. I can no longer reproduce the issue on these versions.

We’d be interested to hear if you still experience this issue. We’ve recently transitioned to GitHub-based issue tracking so if you continue to experience this issue (or others) please report it to https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues.

Thanks for participating in the Docker for Mac Beta!

Best regards,

David