Random write errors on osxfs

Expected behavior

Successful run of script

Actual behavior

It fails on one of the extracting debug info from steps, towards the end of the process.

extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/cs2cs
extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/geod
extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/nad2bin
extracting debug info from /home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/proj
eu-strip: while writing '/home/dev/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/proj-4.9.1-2.el7.centos.x86_64/usr/bin/proj': cannot write data to file

I have had it fail on cs2cs, geo, and proj, or not fail at all and actually succeed! When I first encountered this error, it happened like 10 times in a row. Now I run this docker proof-of-failure 10 times and sometimes it doesn’t fail at all. End result, it’s an intermittent issue

Information

OS X: version 10.11.4 (build: 15E65)
Docker.app: version: v1.11.1-beta14.5.m
Running diagnostic tests:
[OK]      docker-cli
[OK]      Moby booted
[OK]      driver.amd64-linux
[OK]      vmnetd
[OK]      osxfs
[OK]      db
[OK]      slirp
[OK]      menubar
[OK]      environment
[OK]      Docker
[OK]      VT-x
Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160610-164144.tar.gz
Most specific failure is: No error was detected
Your unique id is: 7E3402FB-DCEE-4B44-A742-2316699B5580
Please quote this in all correspondence.

Docker to reproduce error

Docker issue

Steps to reproduce the behavior

1. docker run -it --rm -v ~/blah:/home/dev andyneff/docker_mac_osxfs_error

I have had multiple networking errors as well in the latest beta. Most of the time things do not work but rarely they do proceed correctly. It’s been very challenging.

This is still present as an issue in Version 1.12.0-rc2-beta17 (build: 9779)
ff18c0c63c5ff3c4a4a925d191d5592d655779d7

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner.

I believed we’ve fixed this issue in Beta 21/1.12 as several low-level file system caching issues were identified and fixed. I can no longer reproduce the issue on these versions.

We’d be interested to hear if you still experience this issue. We’ve recently transitioned to GitHub-based issue tracking so if you continue to experience this issue (or others) please report it to https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues.

Thanks for participating in the Docker for Mac Beta!

Best regards,

David