I am trying to use the api documented here: https://docker.github.io/registry/spec/auth/oauth/
When I POST to the service as described in the docs, it always returns a 404.
I’ve tried this using my own account and also using the exact query in the documentation.
Here is an example:
[prompt]$ curl -v \
-H ‘Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded’
-X POST -d ‘grant_type=password&username=johndoe&password=A3ddj3w&service=hub.docker.io&client_id=dockerengine&access_type=offline’
- Trying 188.8.131.52…
- Connected to auth.docker.io (184.108.40.206) port 443 (#0)
- TLS 1.2 connection using TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
- Server certificate: *.docker.io
- Server certificate: RapidSSL SHA256 CA - G3
- Server certificate: GeoTrust Global CA
POST /token HTTP/1.1
- upload completely sent off: 118 out of 118 bytes
< HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
< Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
< X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
< Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 01:10:14 GMT
< Content-Length: 19
< Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000
404 page not found
- Connection #0 to host auth.docker.io left intact
The same response is returned using credentials for an active account.
It seems that I should at least receive a 401 if the account not authenticated.
Is this service no longer supported?
There is a GET api that I can use to acquire a short-lived bearer token, but I need a refresh token.
That GET api is documented here: [docs.docker.com]/registry/spec/auth/jwt/