Regarding docker license for Opensource MANO (OSM) usage

Hi Team,

I am using docker for a POC work on opensource project, OpenSource MANO (OSM) which uses docker internally. During the OSM installation on Linux (ubuntu) machine, it installs the latest docker as part of pre-requisites of OSM.

As per the link, Docker FAQs | Docker it is free for non-commercial opensource projects.

=======================

Docker Desktop may be used for free as part of a Docker Personal subscription for:

Non-commercial open source projects

=======================

I want to know whether the docker can be used for this as my POC is on opensource project. Please confirm.

Thank you,

DineshK

=============

There is a big difference between Docker CE (community edition, running on command line, mostly Linux and Mac) and the Docker Desktop (commercial edition, with GUI, mostly Windows, Mac, Linux).

So make sure you know which version you want to use and which license file you check.

I didn’t respond before, because I didn’t fully understand the question and had no time to write anyway. I assume POC is proof of concept and you mentioned only opensource project, so I don’t see how the question arose. If you are not a big company, as a person you can use Docker Desktop, but @bluepuma77 is absolutely right, Docker Desktop is not the same as “Docker”, it contains Docker CE which is completely free and opensource without doubt.

Mac doesn’t have native containers either, so let’s just say Linux :slight_smile: