Rocker Container

Hi,
I’m trying to run a rocker (docker with R integrated) and it works on MacOS but not on my Windows OS. There it just ends itself few seconds after starting it.

Details:
Windows: 10 Education, Version 10.0.17134 (but tried on other win machines as well, same story)

Docker: Version 2.0.0.3 (31259)
Channel: stable
Build: 8858db3
Engine: 18.09.2

What I want to do is to mount the current directory and open a port for Rstudio. It can be reproduced by building the official dockerfile from rocker github (Rocker Github Dockerfile) and trying to run it with this command:

docker run -d -p 8787:8787 -v %cd%:/home/rstudio -e PASSWORD=password rocker_image

There is no error message when doing this, the container jus stops:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc…exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms…exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes…
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts…
[cont-init.d] add: executing…
: No such file or directory bash
[cont-init.d] add: exited 111.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

I quite new to dockers, but it seems to me that some script is not starting correctly and therefor s6 kills the container. I just don’t know which script or what the problem is as it works perfectly on MacOS.

Thanks

Have you checked that the %cd% that you are trying to mount in Windows 10 is actually shared with the Docker Daemon and that the Windows Firewall allows the sharing? This is usually the case when you can’t mount.

Another good thing do do is to always use docker run --rm -it -v ${PWD}:/container/dirwhen you mount a volume, since that is compatible with both Win and Linux.

On windows 10 Home I think it may be a bit different.
I use Docker Toolbox that uses (in the background) VirtualBox to manage images and containers. I do not have root directory accessible directly as everything is inside disk.vmdk file. I can’t get inside this vmdk file to get to the root directory. I hope I did not confuse anything Login UPSers