Second machine creation : Waiting for ssh to be available... win10+hyperv

Hi all,
I’m currently doing this tutorial : https://docs.docker.com/get-started/part4/#set-up-your-swarm and having some trouble during the creation of the SECOND (the first works well) virtual machine : docker-machine create -d hyperv --hyperv-virtual-switch "myswitch" myvm2.
I created the virtual switch external with “allow management operating system to share this network adapter”.
I’m on Win10 with hyperV, PowerShell on administrator mode.
Thanks in advance!

Here is the debug trace for docker-machine create -d hyperv --hyperv-virtual-switch "myswitch" myvm2:
Waiting for SSH to be available…
Getting to WaitForSSH function…
(myvm2) Calling .GetSSHHostname
(myvm2) DBG | [executing ==>] : C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoProfile -NonInteractive ( Get-VM myvm2 ).state
(myvm2) DBG | [stdout =====>] : Running
(myvm2) DBG |
(myvm2) DBG | [stderr =====>] :
(myvm2) DBG | [executing ==>] : C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoProfile -NonInteractive (( Get-VM myvm2 ).networkadapters[0]).ipaddresses[0]
(myvm2) DBG | [stdout =====>] : fe80::215:5dff:fe84:ac2f
(myvm2) DBG |
(myvm2) Calling .GetSSHPort
(myvm2) DBG | [stderr =====>] :
(myvm2) Calling .GetSSHKeyPath
(myvm2) Calling .GetSSHKeyPath
(myvm2) Calling .GetSSHUsername
Using SSH client type: external
&{[-F /dev/null -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o LogLevel=quiet -o ConnectionAttempts=3 -o ConnectTimeout=10 -o ControlMaster=no -o ControlPath=none docker@fe80::215:5dff:fe84:ac2f -o IdentitiesOnly=yes -i C:\Users\Vaillant.docker\machine\machines\myvm2\id_rsa -p 22] C:\Program Files\Git\usr\bin\ssh.exe }
About to run SSH command:
exit 0
SSH cmd err, output: exit status 255:
Error getting ssh command ‘exit 0’ : ssh command error:
command : exit 0
err : exit status 255
output :

Try using the docker-machine –native-ssh switch.

e.g. `docker-machine --native-ssh create -d hyperv --hyperv-virtual-switch “myswitch” myvm2

1 Like

Hi, I have the same issue but event with the --native-ssh the docker-machine hung on the VM creation and it is not possible to access it. I have already lookup an answer to this situation and it seems that it is an issue related to the OpenSSH with Windows, but I don’t know how to solve that situation, should I install a specific version or maybe install an alternative like try to install ssh with chocolatey?