Spotify docker-maven-plugin can't connect to localhost:2375

Looks like this is no more required with spotify plugin 0.4.13. I recently switch from docker toolbox to docker for mac and I was running a very old version of spotify plugin. Upgrading to 0.4.13 was enough to solve the issue, no need to define DOCKER_HOST variable.

I am facing same issue in WIndows, how to set DOCKER_HOST?
IS this a env variable

1 Like

@jinnabalu
Which version of spotify plugin are you using? Upgrade to 0.4.13 if you are using older version. For me upgrading to this version was enough to solve the issue.

I also have the same problem , i use
Windows 10 and Docker for Windows and no Machines.
When i build from maven i included the spotify plugin version 0.4.13 But still it is not resolved

Connect to localhost:2375
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.spotify:docker-maven-plugin:0.4.13:build
Caused by: com.spotify.docker.client.exceptions.DockerException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.spotify.docker.client.shaded.javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to localhost:2375 [localhost/127.0.0.1, localhost/0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1] failed: Connection refused: connect

I went into settings for docker and turned on “Expose daemon to tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS” and it started working.

5 Likes

This also worked for me: “Expose daemon to tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS”

1 Like

export DOCKET_HOST=unix:///private/var/tmp/docker.sock which file should it be set

I ran into same issue in windows 10 env. I went to: “Expose daemon to tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS”; switched it off and back on couple of time and the error went away.

1 Like

Go to your notification tab, right click the Whale Icon and then click Settings.
In the first page in the very end you will have “Expose daemon tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS” check this box

3 Likes

Thanks gowrav27, this saved my bacon. This also works on the new replacement plugin named “dockerfile-maven-plugin”, same problem and solution.

Hi Gowrav,

Please can you advise, how to do it through docker
tools for windows?

Thanks
Devd

I Havent used the docker tool, I have to play around in it, let me know if this helps Are you trying to connect to a TLS-enabled daemon without TLS?
If not reply back, I will see what I can do

Thanks, it works for me! :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue, on Docker Community Edition Version 17.12.0-ce-mac55 (23011).

I want to use @gowrav27 's solution, but when I right click the whale icon in the top menu bar, I see “Preferences” not “Settings”. In “Preferences” I don’t see “Expose daemon tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS”.

Any suggestions/?

I usually try a few things. If you’re using a very old version that needs Kitematic, fire that up.
I also restart my docker machine and for belt and braces also restart the vm on virtualbox
If you’re on the command line, try typing “docker-machine env” to configure your shell

1 Like

Thank you folks! My Docker Toolbox VM on Win 10 had gotten in a bad state, I think. I just went to Oracle VM VirtualBox, reset the VM, and everything worked!

How to do that on Windows 7 ? I know that you can directly tune on this option on the Docker GUI but on Windows7 you only have docker toolbox :slight_smile: thanks

Follow following steps for window 10
Step 1: Right click on "Dcoker Desktop is running icon "
Step 2: click on Settings
Step 3: In “General Tab” you must enable checkbox “Expose Demon on tcp://localhost:2375 without TLS”
Reference screen attach

i am also getting the same exception .

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.spotify:docker-maven-plugin:1.0.0:build (default) on project Bookstore: Exception caught: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.spotify.docker.client.shaded.javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to localhost:2375 [localhost/127.0.0.1] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused)

I have also set the DOCKER_HOST environment variable but still getting the issue while maven build.

DOCKER_HOST=unix:///var/run/docker.sock

I am using xubuntu 18.04 , may someone help me with this ?

you saved my day, thanks a lot :100: