DOCKER_HOST missing for Maven Plugins

v1.11.1-beta14.5 works fine and as expected on Mac OS. Conversion of existing images works as expected and the container works good.
For my local build process with maven plugins I need a DOCKER_HOST environment. Starting a different machine is a bad option.
Is there a way to set DOCKER_HOST for maven plugins?

You can set it inside the configuration-section;
<groupId>com.spotify</groupId> <artifactId>docker-maven-plugin</artifactId> <version>0.4.10</version> <configuration> <skipDockerBuild>true</skipDockerBuild> <imageName>lala/${project.artifactId}</imageName> <dockerDirectory>${project.basedir}/src/main/docker</dockerDirectory> <dockerHost>PUT_IT_HERE</dockerHost> <resources> <resource> <directory>${project.build.directory}</directory> <include>${project.build.finalName}.jar</include> </resource> </resources> </configuration>

This is clear so far. But with the new docker toolbox I do not know which IP to use. Is localhost possible?

When building locally (eg mvn docker:build), I don’t need to set DOCKER_HOST. I think it’s using unix:///var/run/docker.sock (DOCKER_HOST=“unix:///var/run/docker.sock”) by default.
You can set it to tcp://127.0.0.1:2376 (or https) as well.

Thank you for advice. This does not work. Connection is refused.

Are you using the latest version of the docker for maven plugin (0.4.10)?
Only “connection refused” is displayed and your tried both (unix:// & tcp://) options?
Last thing I can think of is renaming or deleting the .docker directory and try it again.

We are using jolokia maven plugin. We will try spotify plugin soon.

Thanks for advice.