Trying to create docker swarm between local Macs

First, I am very new to docker and have limited knowledge of networking. I am just wondering is successfully swarm multiple Macs. Here is what I am doing.

I reset docker on two local macOS laptops. Then, on one, I do “docker swarm init” then “docker network create -d overlay backend” and “docker network create -d overlay frontend” and lastly “docker swarm join-token manager”.
That all works fine. I then copy and paste the docker join phrase from the primary machine to the secondary machine and I get “transport: Error while dialing dial tcp 192.168.65.3:2377: connect: connection refused” even if I turn off the firewall in both machines. Neither docker is signed into docker hub. I am not sure if that matters or not.

I read some of the information about HyperKit and how it is used with networking. The doc really did not explain (at my level) how packets are sent between hosts. The implication was that docker bypasses the macOS firewall using Slirp. I know enough to be dangerous. lol

Anyway, if anyone knows what I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Kranki,

I am also getting the same error. Were you able to find any solution for this?

Thanks.

No, sorry. I was unable to get it to work and gave up.