Unable to access own organization since admin left company

Hi,

I am currently facing the issue that a former colleague set up a docker hub organization for us but since has left the company and we now cannot access this organization.

What can I do to find out if some mail address is still linked to this account or how can we either get added to this organization or have it removed from the hub so that we can create a new one?

Thanks!

Someone is paying for that organization, right? If not, you had a free organization which I had too, but that bas basically discontinued. Existing free organizations still can be used, but apparently the number of “seats” were limited. If someone is paying for the organization, that someone could ask help from Docker support. If it was a free organization and you have no access to it, I don’t think you can do anything. Companies should not allow a single user to be the only owner of the organization or have access to a service without keeping the credentials somewhere safe. There were some similar reports in the past, but they either didn’t get a response (on this forum) or they managed to contact the left colleague.

You can always create a new organization, but it is not free anymore. And even if someone could delete the old organization, I doubt that you could reregister the same name. At least it was not possible in the past. If you still want it to be deleted, maybe as a company, if the organization name is the name of the company, you could try to find out if it could be forced by some laws.