Unable to connect a container to the NAT network

Hi all, I’ve been working on a simply ASP.NET application for a few months. The layout is simple, one container has SQL server running, and another has the application running, and the two are communicating over the default NAT network. However, recently, when I’ve tried to start the system up using docker-compose, I’ve been receiving the following error message:

meazureweb_meazure-db_1 is up-to-date
Starting meazureweb_meazure-web_1 ... error

ERROR: for meazureweb_meazure-web_1  Cannot start service meazure-web: failed to create endpoint meazureweb_meazure-web_1 on network nat: HNS failed with error : The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

ERROR: for meazure-web  Cannot start service meazure-web: failed to create endpoint meazureweb_meazure-web_1 on network nat: HNS failed with error : The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

I’ve removed and reinstalled docker, deleted all containers and images, and rebuilt everything, with no success. I’ve been reading that this issue might be related to either BitLocker or my AV software, but I’ve had both on for months without any issue. I can’t seem to find anything in the logs about this. Looking for any help, thanks!

Hi Robert,
I running into exactly the same error on Windows 10 today. Did you get any helpful reply yet or were you able to solve the problem? Any help very appreciated. Thanks!

Nope, still getting the error with the latest build.

Looks like this is a port conflict issue. I just ran into this today using -p 80:80 and once I switched to -p 8080:80 the error went away.

See https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/1755