Unable to install Docker Desktop 4.8.2: Component CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction failed: Not found

Getting the following error when installing Docker with WSL.

Component CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction failed: Not found
at CommunityInstaller.InstallWorkflow.d__30.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at CommunityInstaller.InstallWorkflow.d__23.MoveNext()

1 Like

Same here. Docker WAS running, but then started crashing - wouldn’t even load. Attempted to reinstall, getting the same message.

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

2 Likes

Same problem, but with a Spanish error message:

installation failed
Component CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction failed: No encontrado 
   en CommunityInstaller.InstallWorkflow.<DoHandleD4WPackageAsync>d__30.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
   en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   en CommunityInstaller.InstallWorkflow.<DoProcessAsync>d__23.MoveNext()
1 Like

Anyone? Any hope in this?

Though for a slightly different error, does the solution provided in CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction failed: Invalid namespace - #4 by ihorbilovus help?

And does you Windows meet the requirements from Install Docker Desktop on Windows | Docker Documentation?

(And in general for anyone posting posting their problem here: please come back to post your solution too.)

2 Likes

Was able to fix the issue by following the links you shared (specifically this stackoverflow link) Allow I couldn’t run the sc config command (the arguments weren’t valid for some reason) running the other commands worked. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Thank you for the follow up! Your response made check the docs regarding the parameters used in the fix:

Since it feels that /resetrespository might result in state loss, I googled further and stumbled accross the blog post WMI: Repository Corruption, or Not? from one of the Microsoft engineers.

It provides plenty of background informations and seems like a cautios way to detect and fix the WMI inconsistency issue.

I feel this is the relevant part for Win10/Win11 users:

One sentence realy caught my eye on the blog post:

1 Like

I’m still having the same error even after following these steps (my WMI repo came back as consistent, but I reset it anyway, I even went in and renamed the repo folder and had it regenerate but no effect on this error)

I am trying to install Docker Desktop 4.10.1 and get this after the reboot:

I’m having the same issue, I tried following the steps above, but nothing has changed.

Do you have any ideas of what else we could try to solve the problem?

I’ve finally fixed the issue by following these steps: Installation of docker Desktop under WIN10 reports an error and cannot be found in System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementS - Programmer Sought

Facing same issue, none of suggested solutions helped:

facing the same issue here…

[2022-10-08T14:23:55.830499900Z][InstallWorkflow ][Error ] Installation failed System.Exception: Component CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction failed: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.d__971.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
at CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction.GetFeaturesToEnable()
at CommunityInstaller.EnableFeaturesAction.d__45.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —

check your requirements is meet

I have fixed this issue by following below steps

Updating Windows to latest fixed the issue for me.