Unable to write to the database. Exit code: 1

I am also facing this issue.

Windows 10 Pro on VM.

Docker version 1.12.3, build 6b644ec, experimental

Nested Hardware virtualization is enabled, If I disable it then installation gives the hyper VTx error.

I guess hardware virtualization isn’t the issue here as I can create VM using Virtual Box(installed on the same machine where I am trying to installing docker).

Please help.

I solved this error for myself:

I’m trying to run docker on Windows 10 running in Parallels Desktop.

When I installed Docker, it offered to enable Hyper-V; which I said yes to.

If I look in windows features, Hyper-V was indeed enabled… HOWEVER. Unless you have enable nested virtualization, hyper-v will not be able to start.

In order to solve this, I had to enable Nested Virtualization in the Parallels hardware configuration as outlined here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/116239

After that I manually removed and reinstalled Hyper-V from the features menu. Now the error is gone.

Good luck!

Hi all,

I have tried each way discribed on this post,
but i still have the error,

what else can be done?

HI, I met the same issue. Have you found the solution? Thanks.

If there is any open text installed , uninstall it. Disabling it doesn’t not work, Atleast didn’t work for me. Once I uninstalled it , Docker started running.

I met this problem too. I have reseted config, but it’s doesn’t succeed. I delete docker.And I reinstall docker.From then on, docker is error all time. Today, I try update it for new version. it’s also doesn’t work.