Just for clarifying, what is the correct way to upgrade docker engine on swarm?
Is it important to upgrade the manager engines first?
- Drain first node.sudo docker node update --availability drain worker2
- Verify No containers are on drained node.sudo docker ps #on worker2
- Upgrade docker engine.
- Check node in swarm manager.sudo docker node ls
- Change availability to Active.sudo docker node update --availability Active
- Repeat the steps for other nodes.
And when upgrading from 17.x to 20.x, is it mandatory to upgrade major version at a time, or is possible to jump like 18.x to 20.x?
Thanks for any advantage!