Why updated description is not showing up in the Marketplace?

Hi!
I’m new to Docker extensions. I’ve taken a look at the docs, and I couldn’t find the answer to my problem. I’m working on a Docker extension for the Memgraph graph database.

I’ve updated the category, and description, and added additional URLs to Dockerfile config file for our extension (memgraph-docker-extension/Dockerfile at main · memgraph/memgraph-docker-extension · GitHub).
I’ve also rebuilt the image using the same tag as before (2.8.0) in the hope that it will also push the update of the description and category, but it didn’t happen. I’ve also tried removing the image2.8.0 all together from Docker Hub, and it didn’t change the description. I’ve tried to use a new tag like 2.8.1, and it didn’t change the description.

When I do a local build and install I can see the new description and links in Docker Desktop, but I can get this new description to show up when browsing the extensions that are on the Docker Hub.

I can see all of the content at https://hub.docker.com/v2/repositories/memgraph/memgraph-docker-extension but it doesn’t render in the Marketplace.

I’ll answer my own question. It takes a few hours for changes to show up. Everything it OK now.

If an updated description is not showing up in a marketplace, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some common possibilities:

1. Caching:
    Marketplaces often use caching mechanisms to improve performance. It’s possible that the updated description is not immediately reflected due to cached data. Wait for some time or try clearing your browser cache.
  2. Submission Approval:
    Some marketplaces require manual approval of changes to product descriptions or listings. Check if there’s a review process, and if your update is pending approval.
  3. Technical Issues:
    There might be technical issues on the marketplace platform itself. Check the platform’s status or contact their support to see if there are any known issues.
  4. Submission Errors:
    Make sure that there were no errors or issues during the submission of the updated description. Review the submission process to ensure everything was completed successfully.
  5. Account Permissions:
    Verify that you have the necessary permissions to update descriptions. Sometimes, certain account roles may have restrictions on modifying product information.
  6. Platform-Specific Requirements:
    Different marketplaces have specific formatting or content requirements. Ensure that your updated description complies with the guidelines of the particular marketplace.
  7. Browser Issues:
    If you are making updates through a web browser, try using a different browser or an incognito/private browsing window to rule out any browser-related issues.
  8. Platform Updates:
    Check if there have been recent updates or changes to the marketplace platform. Sometimes, changes in the platform can affect how updates are processed.