1970-01-01 03:00:00 error from daemon in stream: Error grabbing logs: invalid character '\x00' looking for beginning of value

Macbook M1, catch this one 1970-01-01 03:00:00 error from daemon in stream: Error grabbing logs: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value

Have you edited your docker client config in $HOME/.docker/config.json?

I’m running Docker version 24.0.6, build ed223bc on macOS Sonoma 14.1.1, hardware is MBP M1. I’m seeing a similar error in the logs for a couple of containers I’m running: error from daemon in stream: Error grabbing logs: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value

I’ve surfed around and only found similar errors for Linux and Windows. However, the proposed solutions weren’t applicable as the directory structures are different on those platforms, so I’m not sure where to locate the files.

One recommended solution I was able to try was to stop Docker, rename ~/.docker, and restart Docker. However, this did not have any effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Max

hHello,

I also encountered the same situation

The service I built is zookeeper, which is caused by persisting the log directory

The environment used is

Windows 11, not managed using WSL2

Docker version 24.0.7, build afdd53b

Do you already have a solution on your end?

I ended up deleting and rebuilding the containers, reloading my database from a backup. No problems since then.

Further research suggests that a restart during a macOS upgrade may not have properly shut down the engine, thus leaving the log file corrupted.

1 Like