Another can't switch to Windows containers

Linux containers runs fine but when I try to switch to Windows containers I get the following error:
Docker.Core.DockerException:
Error response from daemon: open \.\pipe\docker_engine_windows: The system cannot find the file specified.
According to the event logs on my desktop there is an error on another machine. The full stack of the error is below.
I am running Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809.
Docker version 2.3.0.3
Channel Stable
Docker Engine 19.03.8
I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried to do it as Administrator and I am an admin on my desktop.
I have tried about all I can think about. It is as if something can’t get back in or is being stopped from being seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
The full stack of the error:

at Docker.Engines.DockerDaemonChecker.d__5.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Desktop\Engines\DockerDaemonChecker.cs:line 40
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Docker.Engines.WindowsContainersEngine.d__12.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.Desktop\Engines\WindowsContainersEngine.cs:line 52
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Docker.ApiServices.StateMachines.TaskExtensions.d__0.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\StateMachines\TaskExtensions.cs:line 29
at Docker.ApiServices.StateMachines.StartTransition.d__5.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\StateMachines\StartTransition.cs:line 67
at Docker.ApiServices.StateMachines.StartTransition.d__5.MoveNext() in C:\workspaces\stable-2.3.x\src\github com\docker\pinata\win\src\Docker.ApiServices\StateMachines\StartTransition.cs:line 36