Automated build for Windows based images

I’m learning docker and as part of my crash course I’m building an image based on a Windows Server Core (microsoft/windowsservercore).

One of my goals is to leverage the docker hub automated builds. I made all the changes necessary to enable the container to become self contained, meaning it will build the necessary software as part of the docker build.

Then I hooked my mininugetserver repository to my asarafian/mininugetserver only to see this error

uilding in Docker Cloud's infrastructure...
Cloning into '.'...

KernelVersion: 4.4.0-51-generic
BuildTime: 2016-10-27T17:57:25.523154709+00:00
ApiVersion: 1.24
Version: 1.12.3-cs3
GitCommit: 781bb16
Arch: amd64
GoVersion: go1.6.3
Starting build of index.docker.io/asarafian/mininugetserver:buildincontainer...
Step 1 : FROM microsoft/windowsservercore

unknown blob

As it looks docker hub doesn’t support building windows based images. I haven’t find any specifics on this yet so I would appreciate if someone can verify my assumptions and even better provide some insight about the future.

Just in case my issue is #11 on the repository. Can’t post the full link as I’m still a new user.

I don’t beleive this is supported. I tried to build inside Visual Studio Online and it fails too.

This would be a cool feature to complete the Windows support. I think it will come when the next version goes out of release. Currently you need to switch manually to support both linux and windows images on a windows box.
Also, as far as I know, Linux hosts will never support the Windows images, so docker hub will require some sort of host separation to build both type of containers.