Build error from build.py -

I am getting a strange error when building from a dockerfile. This error returns instantly on starting the build. When I google the error I get like 3 results (always a bad sign). I would appreciate any ideas on from where this error is coming. I can’t tell if the error is coming from Python (and where in the process Python is called) so I don’t know if it is a docker error, an error in the dockerfile I downloaded, a but or setting or missing dependency for python, docker, or one of the tools installed in this dockerfile.

The first couple times I tried to build this dockerfile, I got errors from yum because it couldn’t connect to the Internet. I added a proxy setting in yum.conf and the next time I could watch the output as yum processed - progress. The build failed - I’ve long since forgotten that error as i work on this one - and now, every time I try to build, rather than yum running, I get this immediate error.

Any ideas on what is causing this or next steps to break it down and find a solution?

This the output: (I replaced h-t-t-p-s-colon-slash-slash with HTTP_HERE- because the forum would not let me post links as a new user)

[root@dpfeddev01 output]# build -t silk-dp .
Build environment: Linux-4.1.6-100.fc21.x86_64-x86_64-with-fedora-21-Twenty_One
Build start time: 13:15:32, Sep.25 2015
build.py…
: error 1005: Not supported target [.].
Please select one of: all genc genmake modules libraries fds clean cleanall cleanlib run

• Failed -
    Build end time: 13:15:32, Sep.25 2015
    Build total time: 00:00:00

This is the dockerfile:

FROM ubuntu:trusty
MAINTAINER Andy Freeland andy.freeland@redjack.com

ENV LIBFIXBUF_VERSION 1.6.2
ENV SILK_VERSION 3.10.1

Install libfixbuf and SiLK dependencies

RUN apt-get update
&& apt-get -y install
man
build-essential
pkg-config
libglib2.0-dev
libssl-dev
libpcre3-dev
zlib1g
bison
flex
libc-ares-dev
libgnutls-dev
libpcap0.8-dev
liblzo2-dev
libdbi-perl
curl

Download and build libfixbuf

RUN mkdir -p /src
&& cd /src
&& curl -f -L -O HTTP_HERE-tools.netsa.cert.org/releases/libfixbuf-$LIBFIXBUF_VERSION.tar.gz
&& tar zxf libfixbuf-$LIBFIXBUF_VERSION.tar.gz
&& cd /src/libfixbuf-$LIBFIXBUF_VERSION
&& ./configure --with-openssl
&& make
&& make install

Download and build SiLK

RUN mkdir -p /src
&& cd /src
&& curl -f -L -O HTTP_HERE-tools.netsa.cert.org/releases/silk-$SILK_VERSION.tar.gz
&& tar zxf silk-$SILK_VERSION.tar.gz
&& cd /src/silk-$SILK_VERSION
&& ./configure --enable-ipv6
&& make
&& make install

RUN ldconfig

It looks like the command you are running is build, and not docker build. Is it possible that you accidentally dropped the docker port from your command?

Well, that’s a face palm moment. I actually just came looking to see if there were any replies because I discovered the problem occurred for all builds… And, of course, I had somehow just stopped typing docker in the command line.

Thanks for the help.