Build ran out of memory

Hello, I just started with docker a couple of days ago and trying to run something that an old team member has made before. It should run okay, but I’m facing an issue when building. This is the error I get:
> => => # In file included from /usr/include/c++/7/bits/locale_conv.h:41:0, => => # from /usr/include/c++/7/locale:43, => => # from libs/locale/s => => # [output clipped, log limit 1MiB reached]
I’m not sure if this is okay and that I should keep it running or not. I tried to keep it running but I saw no progress at all, just the timer increasing. This is the command I tried:
docker build -t <name> .
Running the command in Windows 10 with CMD.

Can I increase the log limit to something else under windows? I saw something with build
--driver-opt env.BUILDKIT_STEP_LOG_MAX_SIZE=10485760 here [output clipped, log limit 1MiB reached] and then exit code 7 · Issue #484 · docker/buildx · GitHub but no joy.

Hope this is enough info, if not please ask

1 Like

They seem to have changed how docker build writes to the console. It used to show all output and scroll the entire console window for output between build steps. Now, the output for each build step is limited to 5-6 lines, and the output just scrolls within those few lines. Then when a build step produces so much output, it eventually shows the [output clipped, log limit 1MiB reached] message and keeps building, but doesn’t display any further logs. It is utterly useless and now I can’t diagnose why some builds are failing because I can’t see any logs. I haven’t found any way to increase the limit or to change the docker build output to scroll the entire console like it used to, instead of limiting the log output to 5 lines. It’s horrible.