Cannot run private registry due to invalid gevent

I am attempting to run a Docker registry on Ubuntu 14 using the following command:

sudo gunicorn --access-logfile - --debug -k gevent -b 0.0.0.0:5000 -w 1 docker_registry.wsgi:application

Unfortunately, when I attempt this I get the following failure message:

Error: class uri 'gevent' invalid or not found:

[Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/util.py", line 139, in load_class

mod = import_module('.'.join(components))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module

__import__(name)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gunicorn/workers/ggevent.py", line 24, in <module>

from gevent.server import StreamServer

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/server.py", line 6, in <module>

from gevent.socket import EWOULDBLOCK, socket

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/socket.py", line 659, in <module>

from gevent.ssl import sslwrap_simple as ssl, SSLError as sslerror, SSLSocket as SSLType

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/ssl.py", line 386, in <module>

def get_server_certificate(addr, ssl_version=PROTOCOL_SSLv3, ca_certs=None):

NameError: name 'PROTOCOL_SSLv3' is not defined

I did some searching and discovered something that told me to install python-gevent in order to get the gevent:

sudo apt-get install python-gevent

I did this and a subsequent invocation of dpkg:

dpkg -l|grep python

shows that python-gevent is installed.

Unfortunately, the install has not resolved the problem. I am still getting the same failure message saying that gevent isn’t valid or found.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem??? Please advise…