I’m looking to setup a new Docker Swarm production environment on Azure. At the moment we’re using single-machine Docker hosts for development but we need a new Swarm environment.
There seem to be a lot of options:
- Official Docker images on Azure - setup Swarm cluster manually
- The marketplace cluster for Docker Swarm
- Azure quickstart templates for Docker Swarm Clusters
- the Azure Container service - setup with Docker Swarm as a manager
- Docker for Azure beta program, which we’re part of
- The Docker Cloud images in the marketplace (require licensing)
What are the pros and cons of each approach? What are the limitations of each? Should we just set it all up manually or use something like Container Service on Azure, or the new Docker for Azure?
Anybody else out there have experience with selecting what to use to setup and manage a Swarm cluster on Azure? thanks